- In the Community
- Get The Facts
- Get Involved
April 28, 2015
Take a look at our newly created resource:
Sexual Health for Men Who Have Sex with Men: A Guide for Healthcare Providers
Click the link here to our Publications area
April 21, 2015
Please see below, media release for A Taste For Life
April 17, 2015
Please take a look and feel free to share our bi-annual The Connection newsletter.
You can find the link here or under our Publications tab.
April 17, 2015
Please see media advisory for our annual fundraiser A Taste for Life
February 25, 2015
this is to advise that every Thursday from 2-4PM either a Hep C Nurse or Nurse practitioner will be available at Regional HIV/AIDS Connection to support Hep C testing, wound care, etc.
No appointment is necessary. Clients will be seen on a first-come-first-serve basis.
This service will not be available until March 12 2015.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
February 5, 2015
Please be advised that the lift at the South entrance (main front doors) is now back in service.
All building access are now fully functional.
Thank you for your understanding and patience while we underwent some technical difficulties.
February 2, 2015
Position: London CAReS Housing Selection Worker
Reports to: London CAReS Managing Director
The role of the Housing Selection Worker shall be to obtain appropriate private sector housing throughout London for individuals transitioning from experiencing homeless to housing stability. In addition, the Housing Selection Worker will develop and maintain effective relationships and working partnerships with landlords, property owners, and/or property management. The successful applicant will work in collaboration with the London CAReS Outreach and Housing Support teams and report to the London CAReS Managing Director, Case Coordinator and the Executive Director of the funded agency.
Details of Contract/Hours of Work
- Anticipated start date – March 16th, 2015
- Ongoing position subject to funding
- Full-time – 35 hours/week
- Includes evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Schedule may vary according to program needs
- Respond to on-call needs from supervisors and front-line staff, as needed
- Participate in the on-call system
The Housing Selection Worker primary role is identified, but not limited to:
- Employ a business strategy to appeal to private market housing providers;
- Locate and engage private sector property owners, property managers and/or landlords with emphasis on the predictable and normalized revenue generation this program can provide;
- Active member of relevant housing associations;
- Outcome-focused work that will be driven by an agreed upon monthly quota of new housing units for the program housing stock;
- Gather local key information and data to develop a private sector model to include market rent, average market by zone, vacancy loss by building class, vacancy loss variations and vacancy loss projections;
- Secure a number of appropriate, scattered housing units from varied geographic locations within the City of London including diverse building and unit types and a range in affordability, amenities and support levels, and maintain an inventory;
- Avoid saturation of a building or community by ensuring no more than approximately a 15% threshold of London CAReS participants are not surpassed in any one building and clarify perceptions of the role of London CAReS regarding the landlord and tenant relationship;
- Facilitate open and monthly communication with landlords/building superintendents to ensure positive relationships and resolve immediate concerns or issues;
- Ensure landlords/building superintendents understand the nature of the partnership, the role and function of Housing Support Worker and the goals and objectives of London CAReS;
- Develop practices and protocols that promote positive housing outcomes including such things as pay direct for rent and utilities and conflict resolution practices;
- Organize a landlord roundtable of London CAReS partners that convenes three times per year to discuss issues and strategies for resolution;
- Collaborate across service providers; and
- Maintain active communication with all London CAReS components and participate in London CAReS team meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements
- A degree or diploma in marketing, business, business administration or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A high level of communication skills including dispute resolution practices.
- A comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the City of London, residential areas, housing providers and area real estate.
- Experience working with private market housing partners.
- A working knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and associated Acts.
- Ability to provide participant advocacy with other system elements and proactive participant planning.
- Interest in working with individuals living with addictions, mental health, psycho/social/physical, educational, emotional and/or environmental concerns in a variety of locations.
- Advanced skills to enhance participant motivation in order to make and follow through on decisions related to housing stability, treatment and wellness.
- Access to a reliable vehicle and valid drivers’ license.
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Vulnerable Position Screening
- First Aid Level C Certification8
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN CONFIDENCE BY 4PM ON February 20th, 2015 :
We thank all applicants for their interest but regret only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.
January 28, 2015
RHAC is looking to recruit men who have sex with men to participate in a brief interview about experiences they’ve had when accessing healthcare.
Interviews will be recorded and edited in to 5-7 minute audio segments that will be used as educational tools with healthcare providers.
No identifying information will be shared, and voices can be disguised if necessary.
We are able to offer participants an honorarium as a thank-you for their time. If anyone would like more information, they can email Wes at firstname.lastname@example.org